The problem of dry hair becomes especially relevant in the summer, when ultraviolet rays draw moisture out of them, and sea water washes away the proteins that form the basis of hair. As a result, the hairs become thin and brittle, split off, lose their brightness and begin to fall out. Dandruff may appear because the sun dries the scalp, unpleasant itching and peeling. If the hair is dry, what to do at home, how and how to help your curls?
Causes of Dryness
The main cause of hair breakage is insufficient for normal moisturizing the amount of sebum produced by the subcutaneous glands. In this case, the moisture does not linger long on the scalp, and as a result, the hair becomes lifeless and brittle. Why it happens? How to revitalize dry hair at home? To some extent, this will depend on the reasons that provoked dryness. They can be divided into external and internal. In many cases, eliminating the cause of dryness immediately gives a positive result. For example, if the body lacks vitamins, it is enough to drink a suitable multivitamin complex to correct the situation.
Very dry hair can be a consequence of disorders in the work of organs and systems due to failures in the nervous system, various chronic diseases, malnutrition, eating disorders or the presence of bad habits. Often strands lose their elasticity with metabolic disturbances, decreased immunity (including seasonal), vitamin deficiency. Therefore, the problem of thin hair should consult a doctor to undergo a complete medical examination. It is possible that the deterioration of appearance is a consequence of hidden health problems that need to be promptly addressed.
Chronic fatigue, stress, depression and neurosis can adversely affect skin, hair and nails. How to cure dry hair at home? First, objectively assess the loads that you are exposed to daily. If there are no other health problems, then, most likely, the nervous system simply cannot cope. It is worth trying to live in a more relaxed rhythm. You need to take a vacation or at least a few days off in order to fully relax, walk every day before going to bed and do moderate exercise. No strength to cope with the situation yourself? Need to contact the experts.
An important role in maintaining the attractiveness is proper nutrition. Often, dry hair roots indicate internal disturbances or lack of beneficial substances. To make hair and skin beautiful and healthy, you need to abandon diets, eat less fatty, salty, fried, smoked food and pastries, sweets. It is desirable to eat small meals, but more often, about five times a day. In the diet should be as much as possible fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts and fish. One has only to try to saturate the menu with products such as improvements will immediately become noticeable.
If the hair is dry, what to do at home and not only? You can use expensive masks to moisturize or even take a whole course of hair restoration in the beauty salon. But if the reason for the loss of attractiveness is internal, then within a week or two after the end of therapy, the hair will again lose its healthy appearance. First you need to eliminate all violations in the work of internal organs and systems, or make sure that the causes of draining others.
The systematic use of alcohol, caffeine in large quantities and smoking quietly kills hair. You need to give up bad habits, if the hair loses moisture. Strands will recover (especially with supportive therapy), will look attractive again and will become healthy.
Hair split, if often exposed to negative influences from the outside. Under the influence of extreme heat or cold strands can become dry, brittle and lifeless. The negative impact of sunlight, sudden changes in temperature, sea salt, dry air in the premises in the winter. In the summer and winter should not go out without a hat on the weather. In the pool, it is imperative to use a rubber or silicone cap to protect against exposure to chlorinated water. After a rest at sea in the summer, an active rehabilitation therapy should be carried out.
The most common cause of hair deterioration is improper care. Cutting hair suggests that a woman does not pay enough attention to her hair. Improper care products, too frequent exposure to hair dryers and other hot tools, abuse of chemical procedures (dyeing, perm) - all this leads to drying out and general deterioration of the hair condition.
How to moisturize dry hair at home? Curls need to provide sufficient, but not excessive care, additional power, stop (or significantly reduce) use hot styling tools, if necessary use protective sprays, regularly cut off the tips and not spoil the chemical effect. So they will be beautiful again soon.
How to restore dry hair at home? Not only nutritional masks and intensive care are important, but also careful daily care, because the damaged hair becomes extremely sensitive to many procedures. You should try to wash your hair no more than once a week, because frequent washing disrupts the process of sebum production, and this only aggravates the problem of dry hair.
It is undesirable to wash your hair often, but if this is necessary or has become a habit, then you need to find the right shampoo (marked “suitable for daily use”). As a rule, in the composition of such funds there are no aggressive substances that overdry strands. Shampoo should be designed specifically for dry hair. Such products have regenerating, moisturizing and nourishing properties.
Care for dry hair at home provides not only the right choice of products. It is important to know that when washing you need to use water at room temperature or slightly warm, because hot will increase the sensitivity of the scalp. After the shampoo, use a conditioner balm. It is desirable to select balm according to the same criteria as shampoo. As part of the tool should be nutritional components. At least once a week it is necessary to apply the reducing masks. Wet hair can not be rubbed with a towel. It is enough to gently blot the strands, or for a few minutes to wrap a head with a towel. Still wet curls are not recommended to comb, but if necessary, you need to use a comb with sparse teeth.
Tap water is often very hard, with admixtures of chlorine and other harmful substances, and this in itself dries the hair. If possible, wash curls boiled or filtered. Broths of medicinal herbs can be added to the water for rinsing, for example, birch leaves, chamomile, hypericum, rosehip or plantain.
Restoration of dry hair at home involves the use of a comb made of natural wood, bone or horn with not very frequent and not sharp teeth. But such combs should be washed thoroughly at least once a week.Drying with hot air is contraindicated for dry hair, but if you cannot do without a hair dryer, you should keep it at least 30 centimeters from your head and install cool air. Movement should be done from the top down, otherwise you can cause the destruction of the hair. You should not keep the hair dryer in one place for a long time, you need to constantly move it.
How to treat dry hair at home? Proper care is half the success. Dry curls (especially light) is not recommended to paint. Already dyed should be let go a little and gradually cut to restore the natural hair. After that, you can make a color, if you are not satisfied with the natural shade, but only in the salon and professional paint. To greatly harm the hair, it is advisable to be painted one or two tones darker than the natural color. Cut and dried ends should be regularly cut, because you can restore only those hairs that do not have a damaged core.
In sunny weather, it is desirable to protect the hair with panama and handkerchiefs, because ultraviolet rays adversely affect the state of the hair. You can buy a special spray for dry hair. It is very simple to use at home. Such a protective agent is sufficient to apply to the curls before going out or exposure to hot temperatures (before drying a hair dryer, using an iron or tongs).
How to treat dry hair at home? An active curly restoration program should include several elements that complement each other. At the same time, measures should be taken to enhance the synthesis of subcutaneous fat, provide additional moisture to the hair and regularly apply regenerative masks, as well as moisturizing procedures.
Treatment of dry hair at home should include the purchase and use of a special series of products designed for curls of this type. Excellent results show shampoo to moisturize dry and brittle hair from the professional series Wella. The tool gently cleans and actively moisturizes damaged strands. Additionally, you can purchase a balsam conditioner "Deep recovery" with a complex of amino acids. Use a professional balm for dry hair at home - this is the way to the effective restoration of damaged strands.
Positive reviews have a medical series of hair products from Alerana. You should not wait for a quick result and a pronounced cosmetic effect after the first use, which is achieved by adding silicone and other not very useful ingredients in shampoos and balms. Alerana is a medical cosmetics with a long-term effect. Recovery is slow, but at the expense of useful components, rather than harmful composition for quick results.
To moisturize dry hair at home, you can choose a set of "Nourishing Care" from Yves Rocher. The composition includes two hair products and two - for the body. The regenerating shampoo with oats nourishes the hair shaft, and the balsam-rinse with oats and almonds reinforces the effect. There is a nourishing body milk with melting creamy structure and a shower cream with a bright aroma. Formula means 95% consists of natural ingredients. The cream is enriched with sesame oil, effectively and gently cleanses the skin.
If strands thinned and brittle, what to do at home? Dry hair needs nourishing masks twice a week. Masks with the following components have a good moisturizing effect: chalk, olive oil, essential oils, fatty dairy products, cosmetic oils, egg yolk, medicinal herbs.
At home, you can make inexpensive, but very effective nutritional masks:
- HoneyMix four spoons (table) of not very thick honey and five-six - olive oil (castor oil will do). The mixture should be slightly heated, applied to the strands and kept for 30-40 minutes, wrapped with a warm towel.
- Etheric. Two tablespoons of olive oil and a couple of drops of a mixture of essential oils (you can choose any, but it is better to stay on lavender, geranium, rosemary, sandalwood or ylang-ylang) mix, add a teaspoon of vitamin E.
- Yolk. Yolks of three eggs shake. Before use, add one teaspoon of balsam or conditioner for dry hair.
- With aloe. Two or three leaves of the plant should be put to the refrigerator for several days, and then squeeze a teaspoon of juice from them. Mix with the same amount of heated honey and a teaspoon of any cosmetic oil.
Budget and fairly effective option - Sante hair mask with keratin and vitamins. The consistency is quite liquid, but it does not interfere with use. In addition, the tool has a very pleasant aroma, but the smell on the hair does not remain. The manufacturer recommends using a cosmetic product in two ways: apply to hair and leave for two minutes or leave for ten minutes. It is better to withstand the mask for ten minutes - the result will be more resistant. The mask provides nutrition and hydration, reduces hair loss and effectively restores the hair structure. The only drawback is that when using the product, the hair becomes dirty faster and loses freshness.
Damaged hair? What to do at home? Cosmetic oils will help to quickly restore the health of the curls. For very dry hair wraps using jojoba oil, macadamia, grape seed, coconut, burdock oil are useful. Apply them warm to the scalp one to two hours before washing. Wrap your hair with a warm towel. This procedure should be carried out once a week for at least two to three months, otherwise the effect will not be noticeable.
Treatment of dry hair at home involves rinsing with decoction of herbs. Traditional homemade rinses with nettle and vinegar are designed for normal and oily hair, and vinegar, infused for at least a month on cilantro and tarragon, is suitable for dry and damaged strands. For each liter of water, add one glass of aged wine vinegar and a pinch of cardamom. After the first procedure, the hair can quickly become fat, but with long-term use a persistent positive effect is noticeable. With the systematic use of wine vinegar copes well with dullness and hair loss.
Make a dry strand of soft and docile lime rinse. About two tablespoons of linden need to brew in a liter of boiling water and insist in a thermos. Slightly warm broth to drain and rinse their hair, while doing a massage of the scalp. For hair of a light shade it is possible to use chamomile decoction for rinsing strands, and for dark ones black tea. Softens strands of decoction with sunflower petals. Mixture should be brewed and then boiled for five minutes. For rinsing, apply in a slightly warm form.
If the hair is dry, what to do at home? It is necessary not only to use nutritional masks, but also to change the diet. It is desirable to drink at least one and a half to two liters of drinking water per day, take multivitamins, micro and macro elements, as well as fish oil. Vitamin A, zinc, and fatty acids are particularly useful (for example, Omega-3). You should eat cod liver, eggs, milk, butter, oranges, pumpkin, carrots, cabbage, persimmon. It is advisable to enter into the menu dishes with edible gelatin - jelly, jelly, mousses, jellied meat and aspic. Without the vitamins of group B, which porridges are rich in, hair will not shine. Salad is preferably vegetable oils.Treatment of dry hair ends at home may result in a revision of the diet. It is possible that the naturally healthy hair just did not have enough vitamins and minerals.
Rule # 1: Proper Cleansing
Frequent shampooing is undesirable, as when using shampoo, certain substances and oils that flush out moisture are washed out of the skin. Even a mild shampoo, despite its harmlessness, can give fat to dry hair. The selection of shampoo should be taken especially carefully. It should be just for dry hair. These shampoos contain special acids that retain moisture in the hair and make it more shiny and alive. As for the frequency of washing hair, it is desirable to do this once every three to four days.
Rule number 2: delicate care
Dry hair is very brittle and weak, so during washing to treat such hair should be very careful and neat. It is strictly forbidden to scratch your head with your nails, as well as during the combing pull and pull the hair. It is very irritating to the scalp and destroys the hair. Comb better soft comb, gently holding the hair themselves.
Rule number 6: directional effect of oils
A great way to give dry hair a healthy and beautiful appearance is to use oils heated in a water bath before washing your hair. Oil can be any, as long as it is warm. On average, this procedure should last about 30 minutes, then you should wash your hair with a shampoo for dry hair.
Rule number 7: the right food for dry hair
Improper diet is often one of the causes of dry hair. If you have such a problem, you must add to your diet foods containing vitamin A. It is also desirable to drink away a course of vitamins. This will definitely benefit your hair and will also have a beneficial effect on the entire body.
Why hair is dry
Healthy and well-groomed hair is characterized by the integrity of the structure, brilliance, softness and elasticity, a certain degree of resistance to the influence of thermal and mechanical effects.
Dry and brittle hair are the result of a lack of sebum on them, which may be due to its excessive removal by external factors or impaired function of the sebaceous glands. At the same time, they lose their luster, softness, elasticity and become rough to the touch, faded, many of them break off at different heights or the ends are stratified (“split”). Even after washing, they are dull, and fine dandruff appears on the head and there is a feeling of "tightening" and skin itching.
Quite often, there is a combined type in which the scalp is oily, the hair roots are excessively covered with greasy grease, and the rest of them are dry with split ends. Hard, broken off at different heights, dull and covered with dry fine dandruff, they are tangled among themselves, combed hard, fit badly, seem lifeless and give the head an untidy look. What if hair is dry? They can only be revived by combining constant, proper care while at the same time eliminating or minimizing the influence of the cause leading to such a condition.
Dryness can be:
- The result of diseases or disorders in the body.
- One of the symptoms of rare genetic abnormalities.
- The result of exposure to adverse environmental factors.
- Due to improper care of the scalp and hair is the most common and frequent cause.
The main diseases and disorders in the body include:
- endocrine disorders - dysfunction of the endocrine glands during the menopausal period, hypofunction of the parathyroid glands (hypoparathyroidism) and, especially, severe hypothyroidism of the thyroid gland, in which very dry hair appears,
- Iron-deficiency anemia,
- diseases of the digestive system, which are accompanied by impaired absorption and absorption of nutrients, especially vitamins and trace elements,
- diabetes mellitus, chronic renal or hepatic failure, autoimmune diseases of the connective tissue (scleroderma, dermatomyositis, etc.),
- foci of chronic infection in the body, chronic diseases of the respiratory system, including tuberculosis,
- long-term use of certain drugs (glucocorticosteroids, immunosuppressants),
- improper diet and diets that lack a sufficient amount of proteins, vitamins, especially “A” and ”E”, macro- and microelements, especially calcium, zinc and selenium, as well as omega-3-polyunsaturated fatty acids,
- anorexia nervosa, the basis of which is a neuropsychic disorder, manifested as an obsessive state in the form of a desire to reduce body weight or prevent its increase,
- dehydration of the whole body associated with insufficient water consumption or significant loss of it in hot climates or in certain bowel diseases,
- dry seborrhea of the scalp.
- spindle-shaped hair, or hereditary distinct aplasia of hair (moniletrix),
- bamboo hair, or knotty trichoclasia (Netterton syndrome),
- curly hair disease, or Menkes syndrome.
These disorders are manifested by pathological changes in the structure of the hair shaft with increased brittleness or without it. Each of them is combined with a specific set of symptoms, for example, with dysfunction of the endocrine system, dystrophic changes of the teeth and nails, skin follicular keratosis, ichthyosiiform erythroderma, urticaria, mental retardation, etc.
External adverse factors:
- very high or, conversely, low air temperatures and excessive exposure to sunlight in the absence of protective equipment,
- increased air dryness, which is often noted in rooms during the winter period,
- the impact of industrial hazards - "hot" shop, the presence in the air of aerosols of acids, alkalis and other chemical products.
Wrong care for the scalp and hair:
- perm, excessive use of lightening and dyeing, alcohol styling products, which degrease and destroy the structure even more, especially dry hair after dyeing and chemical perming are the result of ignoring the use of special products designed to care in these cases,
- frequent and improper use of heated hair rollers, thermal tongs or hair curlers, hair straighteners and hair dryers in the mode of hot drying,
- untimely haircut “split ends”
- wrong choice of hairbrushes and tools for haircuts,
- selection of care products that is inappropriate to the type of skin and hair or the use of counterfeit products such as shampoos, conditioners, masks, balms, emulsions, spray.
How to restore dry and damaged hair
Before choosing remedies for dry hair and treating them, it is advisable to consult a trichologist to try to establish the cause. If it is a dermatological disease, the trichologist or dermatologist will give recommendations on how to treat the corresponding pathology. Additional examinations and consultations of other specialists - the therapist or endocrinologist may also be required.
Without treatment of concomitant diseases or elimination of other unfavorable factors, any, even the most correct and intensive efforts aimed at restoring dry hair, will have only a short-term positive result or will be completely ineffective.
It is necessary to use a sufficient amount of liquid, to abandon diets aimed at reducing body weight, if they contain an insufficient amount of proteins, vitamins, macro- and microelements.It is advisable to stop smoking and alcoholic beverages, frequent use of strong brewed coffee and tea.
Additionally, it is necessary to take complex vitamin complexes and nutritional supplements, which include vitamins, especially “A”, ”E” and “B” groups, calcium, iron, copper, magnesium and trace elements microelements, especially zinc and selenium, omega-3- polyunsaturated fatty acids.
It is also necessary to avoid hypothermia of the scalp in the autumn-winter period and prolonged exposure to sunlight - in the spring-summer season. In addition, in rooms during the heating period, it is desirable to use air humidifiers.
Direct care for dry hair includes:
- shampooing no more than 1 time in 10-14 days with warm (not hot) water, with a slight severity of dryness, you can wash your head 1-2 times a week, and if you use foams, hair sprays, gels, you must at least 2 times in Week,
- rinsing with purified boiled water of room temperature or water with lemon juice,
- refusal from chemical perms, reducing to the minimum number of procedures for lightening and dyeing hair with artificial dyes, especially those containing ammonia, which it is advisable not to use at all; if necessary, it is better to use natural dyes (henna, basma, their mixture),
- elimination of the use of massage brushes and the use of combs made of natural materials (wood, ebonite, bone, bristles), but not of metal, with absolutely smooth and rarely located non-sharp teeth,
- the use of thermoprotectants in the cases of using thermal tongs, stylers and irons, which are generally not desirable to use, if, as a last resort, a hair dryer is used in a hot mode, then it should be placed at a distance of at least 25 cm.
How to moisturize dry hair in a beauty salon
In beauty salons and medical centers, the services offered are designed primarily for very damaged hair. Therefore, treatments are often long. Specialists use professional cosmetics, contributing not just to moisture, but to the restoration of the structure itself. The basic scheme of procedures consists in preliminary cleansing, for which only shampoo for dry hair is applied, applying moisturizing and nourishing masks or serum and then massage or warming followed by the use of balm.
Beauty salons are also widely used courses of mesotherapy of the scalp with the help of cocktails containing vitamins, microelements, proteins, amino acids, plant extracts, drugs that improve blood circulation and blood delivery to the hair follicles. In addition, physiotherapy is carried out in the form of high-frequency impulse currents, cryo-massage, moisturizing and intensively nourishing masks, serums containing a high concentration of active ingredients.
The use of keratin masks (“keratin care”) is popular, and in some salons Tibetan, Ayurvedic and other recipes offer mixtures of exotic herbal oils, the application of which is combined with effects on biologically active points or with a scalp massage.
Sometimes it is recommended to apply biolamination using special biologically active compounds. This procedure allows you to create on each hair a “film” that protects against the negative influence of external factors, and the proteins, trace elements and vitamins contained in the solution, herbal extracts ensure its nutrition and structure improvement with the restoration of the protective layer, prevent moisture loss and give brightness and shine. However, the disadvantage of the biolamination procedure is that it is quite expensive, and it is desirable to carry it out at least 2 times a week.
Highly effective procedures are considered using nanoemulsions and nano-cosmetics.However, to agree on them is only in clinics that enjoy a good reputation.
First, you need to shave the stratified tips of the hair: they will never recover. Shampoos designed for dry hair (their pH should not exceed 7), as well as shampoos containing the extract of hot red pepper (to improve circulation and stimulate the function of sebaceous glands), cocoa butter, olive oil, jojoba, almond oils should be used for washing the head. You can use shampoo brands “Schwarzkopf”, “Wella Professional”, L’Oreal, “Dessange”, “John Frieda”, “Kanebo” and others.
Before washing hair, especially dyed, preferably for 10 minutes to self-massage the scalp with burdock, castor, linseed, sunflower or hemp oil. Massage improves blood circulation and stimulates the function of the sebaceous glands.
In the case when the roots grow fat, and the rest of them dry, more attention is paid to dryness. Do not use shampoos for oily hair. To reduce the fat content of the roots, you can rub into them the appropriate infusions of such plants as - sage grass (1 tablespoon per half cup of boiling water) or crushed plantain leaf (1 tablespoon) with chopped oak bark (1 teaspoon) - 200 ml of boiling water.
For self-care is also recommended for a long time to apply various folk remedies, which are based on vegetable oils, fruits, herbs for dry hair. After washing the head, you can use the infusion (2 tablespoons per 1 liter of boiling water) of herbal collection, which includes St. John's wort, chamomile, Yarrow, calendula, large plantain, poplar buds.
In many recipes recommended by traditional medicine, nettle is included as an integral component of the collection or as an independent infusion. This is due to the high content of carotenoids, vitamins, organic elements and phytoncides in it. However, for rinsing it is necessary to use not fresh leaves (they dry the skin), but dried ones. The infusion of dry nettle leaves with green tea and decoction of burdock root for rinsing has a good effect, the masks of a mixture of oak bark decoction with dry nettle leaves extract and with the addition of olive oil (applied to hair strands for 1 hour).
Masks from a mixture or combination of vegetable oils with the addition of retinol and vitamin “E” can also be used to nourish and moisturize hair. The best are unrefined castor, burdock, almond and olive oils, as well as jojoba, coconut, wheat germ and sea buckthorn oils.
A good moisturizing and restoring hair structure is provided by masks in the form of “phyto-wrappings”:
- Apply a layer of heated yogurt, then the head must be covered with plastic film, and on top of it - with a towel. After 30 minutes, the procedure is repeated for another half hour, after which the mask is washed off with infusion of green or black tea.
- Collection of herbs in the amount of 100 grams. (3 tablespoons of each ingredient), consisting of motherwort herb, St. John's wort, nettle leaves and birch, chamomile flowers, nasturtium and white clover, must be infused in ½ cup of olive oil in a dark place and in a carefully closed jar for 1 week, periodically shaking Then strain, heat and apply to the hair with warming for 2 hours, then rinse with shampoo.
- A warm mixture consisting of 2 tablespoons of castor oil, one teaspoon of glycerin, one raw egg yolk and one teaspoon of apple or grape vinegar is applied with warming for 40 minutes.
In folk medicine, there are still many different recipes, however, to prevent or cure dry and brittle hair is possible only with the elimination or minimization of the influence of factors damaging their structure, and with the right constant care for them.
Causes Dry Hair
Strictly speaking, the reason for drying hair is one: an insufficient amount of fat produced by the subcutaneous glands. When reducing its quantity, moisture does not linger on the scalp, and the hair becomes dry and brittle. Why is this happening? Let's try to figure it out.
The factors that cause dry hair, experts are divided into two groups: internal and external. Consider them in more detail.
Dry hair care and well-being tips
As mentioned above, the main cause of dry hair is a malfunction of the sebaceous glands, provoking a lack of moisture and mechanical damage in the form of split ends and brittleness.
With this in mind, care for dry brittle hair should be conducted simultaneously in three areas:
- carry out activities to enhance the production of subcutaneous fat,
- provide additional moisture,
- regularly use recovery procedures and nourishing masks.
Make a plan of complex treatment, focusing on the following important points:
- To restore dry hair ends, for the period of complex treatment, give up the hair dryer, forceps, irons and hair curlers, and also forget about dyeing and perm. Hairdressing services at this time should be reduced only to cutting split ends.
- Take care of purchasing a special series of cosmetics, designed for hair of this particular type. Excellent results are shown by ALERANA ® dry hair shampoo, which is effective as a primary tool suitable for daily use. It can be supplemented with a balm or a mask of the same manufacturer.
- At least twice a week, 30-40 minutes before washing, apply homemade moisturizing masks on your scalp and hair. Be sure to wrap your head with a plastic bag or cap and a warm towel.
- Try to wash your hair once a week, because frequent washing disrupts the sebaceous glands and aggravates the problem.
- Never wash your head with hot water, it also disrupts the production of fat and makes the hair very dry.
- Try not to use running tap water for washing - it contains many harmful impurities that are harmful to this type of hair. It is better to wash your head with filtered water or at least water for at least 24 hours. And be sure to rinse your hair at the end with herbal decoctions. Just keep in mind that only those who have oily or normal hair can add a bite or lemon to water, but this option is unacceptable for dry ones.
- Dry the washed hair, without resorting to the help of the hair dryer, and comb them only after full drying.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in these recommendations, but their implementation, of course, takes time and effort. In addition, do not forget that care will be effective only when you get rid of diseases of internal organs, put your nervous system in order, start to eat properly and become more active.
Restoring dry hair at home - preparing masks to moisturize yourself
Our recommendations will not be complete if you do not cite some very useful tips for treating excessive hair dryness with homemade masks that are made by yourself.
To moisturize dry damaged hair will help mask, which include the following components:
- fatty dairy products
- cosmetic oils,
- egg yolk,
- olive oil,
- medicinal herbs,
- essential oils.
Here are a few simple recipes for masks that you can easily cook at home without spending a lot of money and labor:
Mix four tablespoons of sparse honey and 5-6 tablespoons of olive or castor oil. Heat the mixture to a warm state, apply to hair and soak for 40 minutes.
Beat the yolks of the three eggs, previously separated from the proteins, with one teaspoon of conditioner or balm for dry hair.
Add in two tablespoons of olive oil (you should not warm it up) with 2-3 drops of several essential oils and one teaspoon of an oil solution of vitamin E.
Take 2-3 leaves of the plant, soak them in the refrigerator for several days, and then squeeze a tablespoon of juice. Mix it with an equal part of the heated liquid honey and a teaspoon of any of the available cosmetic oils.
Useful for very dry hair and regular body wraps using cosmetic oils. They are applied warm to the hair and scalp 1-2 hours before washing, wrapping the head with a plastic bag and a towel. To achieve the maximum effect, this procedure should be carried out once a week for at least 2-3 months.
Self-made masks will cost you inexpensively, and the effect of them will exceed all expectations.
Proper care will allow you to believe that dryness is one of the hair conditions that can be completely changed for the better on your own.
Tip # 1: find out what's the reason
To understand what to do with dry hair, you first need to figure out what caused this problem. All sorts of measures to care for lifeless strands will simply be ineffective if the cause of dry hair is not eliminated.
Of course, it must be borne in mind that in some cases it is very difficult to cope with the source of the trouble. We are talking about those situations where dry hair is caused by heredity, and with the genes, as you know, you can not argue. But, fortunately, much more often damaged hairs are the result of improper care and unhealthy lifestyles. We'll talk about how to take care of your hair a bit later, but we’ll dwell on healthy nutrition and other aspects of healthy lifestyles.
It would be useful to remind once again that bad habits significantly worsen the condition of the whole organism and adversely affect the appearance, causing problems with the skin, nails and hair. Therefore, first you need to stop smoking and drinking alcohol. By the way, the exclusion of bad habits applies not only to nicotine and alcohol: for example, addiction to caffeine does not harm the hairstyle, because this substance removes moisture from the body, and it is not surprising that the abuse of coffee causes dryness and brittle hair.
It is important to pay attention to your daily diet. If it does not differ in the abundance of vitamins and beneficial trace elements, then it is likely that the main reason for the poor condition of the hair lies in this. Nutrition should be as balanced as possible, but for dry hair it is especially important to get enough vitamin A, also known as retinol, and vitamin E. To compensate for the deficiency of these substances in the body naturally, you just need to enter into the menu more products that contain vitamins A and E (young greens, buckwheat, Bulgarian pepper, Brussels sprouts, carrots, legumes, apricots). To prevent hair from lacking moisture, consume at least 1.5-2 liters of clean drinking water per day.
Along with a change in diet, do not forget to check the condition of the gastrointestinal tract - the condition of the hair also depends on how the digestive system works. In addition, diseases of the digestive tract organs lead to the fact that most of the useful microelements are simply not absorbed by the body and therefore specialized nutrition for dry hair will be ineffective.
Another cause of the problem may be hiding in frequent overloads - both physical and emotional. Chronic lack of sleep, constant stress, lack of proper rest - all this certainly affects the state of the strands not in the best way. If all of the above applies to you, it's time to think about changing the daily routine and eliminating annoying factors from your life.
In addition, dry and brittle hairs can make aggressive weather conditions - cold air or, on the contrary, scorching sunlight, age-related changes and poor ecology. But even if very dry hair is the result of the influence of a fatal factor, you should not despair. Special care and intensive treatment of weakened strands can help to cope with this trouble.
Tip # 2: Care properly
Care for dry hair at home should be as gentle as possible. This means that you have to abandon any procedures that can injure the already fragile hairs. First of all it concerns the use of various irons, rectifiers, pleyok, hair dryers and other thermal devices. Dyeing, perm and styling using varnishes and other means of fixation are also banned - at least for a while.
Too frequent washing of the head is another damaging factor. For weakened hair, the constant effect of tap water with a huge amount of chemical impurities and detergent compositions is no less harmful than thermal procedures: it washes away the protective fatty film from the skin and hairs, thereby depriving them of their protection and additional nourishment. Therefore, make it a rule to wash dry hair no more than once every 3 days.
At the same time carry out the procedure very gently and carefully: before soaping your head, comb the strands - this will reduce the risk of tangling and damage to the hairs during washing. For combing it is desirable to use a brush with natural bristles or wooden teeth with round tips. Moisten the strands thoroughly with warm water, foam the shampoo with light massage movements at the roots and distribute it over the entire length of the hair, and then rinse it off completely. To rinse water, you can add chamomile or cornflower decoctions: this measure will help soften hard water and reduce the negative impact of impurities.
Another important question - how to wash your hair? Firstly, you need to choose those shampoos that are designed specifically for dry hair - the inscription on the package will tell about it. Secondly, one shampoo will not be enough: in order to moisten the curls as much as possible, after each washing of the head it is necessary to apply balm-conditioner. If the hair becomes contaminated faster than the next cleansing procedure, you can use natural harmless mixtures instead of detergents - for example, a mixture of water and soda (0.5 liters of soda powder per liter of liquid). This composition, which makes the hairstyle fresh, will help to clean the curls, without affecting the protective fat layer.
After washing your hair, in no case do not comb them - there is a danger of severely damaging the hairs. Strands need to gently blot with a towel, not rubbing, and then leave until completely dry, and only then use the comb.
Tip number 3: make masks
Many women ask to find that they have very dry hair: what to do at home, to return the former beauty, softness and healthy shine to the strands? Can I do the treatment myself? Yes, it is quite realistic to restore the hair on your own, and for this it is not at all necessary to resort to expensive means.
The best way to moisturize the curls and saturate them with nutrients is the regular use of masks. At home for dry hair, you can use the following formulations:
- Coconut oil. It is applied to each strand along the entire length, then the head is covered with food film, and wrapped with a towel on top. Oil should affect hairs for at least 20 minutes. It is recommended to make such a mask before washing the head.
- Banana-honey mask. In a blender you need to mix 2 soft ripe bananas, 1 tbsp. l olive oil and 1 tbsp. l honey The finished mass is rubbed into the roots and distributed over the entire length of the curls. The head is wrapped, as in the previous recipe, for 15-20 minutes. After that, you need to wash your hair with a suitable shampoo.
- Herbal. For it will need 1 tbsp. ldry chamomile flowers, nettle leaves and plantain and 300 g of rye bread. A mixture of medicinal plants must be poured 200 ml of boiling water and infused for 2 hours. Then the broth must be drained and soaked in it the crushed bread, to make the gruel. The resulting mass must first be rubbed into the scalp, and the rest applied on the hair, cover with film and towel and leave for 1 hour.
- Cabbage. For the manufacture of this mask, you need to take a small part of the white cabbage, pass it through a meat grinder and squeeze the juice from the resulting raw material. This liquid should be applied with massage movements to the hair roots and leave for 40 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
- Gelatinous. To make this tool, you need to dissolve 15 g of gelatin in 100 ml of water. In order for the mask to be suitable for use, absolutely all gelatinous crystals should dissolve in water, it will take about 35-40 minutes. If the grains remain, the mixture should be set on fire and, while stirring, wait until it becomes homogeneous. It is necessary to maintain the composition on the hair for 15 minutes, not forgetting to warm the head with a towel.
It is necessary to make masks at least 1-2 times a week. In combination with proper care and healthy nutrition, these products will be especially effective.
Now you know what to do, and you will no longer be frightened by the split ends and locks of dull color. Carefully caring for your curls and preventing them from drying out, you can achieve the perfect hairstyle and impeccable appearance.
Dry hair - causes in the body
Sometimes dry hair accompanies a person from birth, but this is more the exception to the rule. Most often, this problem is acquired over the years, and it can be eliminated by paying attention to the body.
The following circumstances may cause dry hair:
- chronic diseases of the digestive tract, liver, kidneys,
- hormonal disbalance,
- lack of body fluids and nutrients
- increased stress or prolonged depression,
- infectious diseases in combination with fever and dysbacteriosis and a general decrease in immunity,
- lack of vitamins or trace elements of certain groups.
Rules for dry hair care
Exhausted hair rightfully requires special care, so their owners should follow a number of recommendations:
- Rational nutrition, providing the body with all the necessary vitamins and trace elements. The menu must include vegetables and fruits containing vitamins A and E, eggs, meat, cereals, dairy products,
- Large amounts of water (tea, coffee and other drinks are not included),
- Protection of hair with a hat in the summer,
- Humidification of the air at home due to special devices or tanks with water in winter,
- Daily use of cosmetics to combat dry hair,
- Natural hair drying (blow-drying only with urgent need), the use of thermal protective agents,
- Refusal to place the tongs or curling iron in favor of conventional curlers,
- Reducing the frequency of washing hair
- Use of means for intensive moistening and nutrition of curls and scalp (masks, balms),
- Regular disposal of excised ends.
How to restore, moisturize dry hair - what to do
Usually a well-groomed appearance of hair that has become dry over time can be restored. However, before deciding what to do at home, and giving preference to any means or procedure, it is necessary to find out what kind of problem is involved.
With dry tips, which are often supplemented with excessively oily roots and electrified hair, masks containing natural oils help.
In this case, the ideal oil of burdock, olive, camphor, almond, and aloe juice.
Before use, the oil should be slightly heated and evenly spread over the entire length of the hair. Then you need to wrap your head, and after half an hour, rinse off with shampoo.
In addition, the oil can be used in combination with egg yolks, honey or lemon juice. These components will only enhance its effect.
If the hair is very dry
With very dry or even hard hair Experts advise to resort to using a beer mask. For its preparation, you will need sea buckthorn oil in a volume of 1 tsp., You must add it to a glass of beer.
The resulting vitamin cocktail is applied to the hair, cover for half an hour, and then rinsed with warm water. It is recommended to make a mask once a week and a half.
If the hair is dry after dyeing
If the hair has become dry due to unsuccessful dyeing, Doctors-trichologists advise to use a mask consisting of 2 yolks and a pair of large spoons of castor oil.
Components must be combined into a single mass until a homogeneous slurry and apply on the head. Hair should be insulated for half an hour, and then rinsed with shampoo and water. It is recommended to repeat the described procedure every 7 days.
Moisturizing shampoo for dry hair. Rating
Well-known manufacturers offer a variety of medicated shampoos to saturate hair with moisture. They provide special care to curls, helping to get rid of both the shortcomings themselves and their causes.
As a rule, such tools do not include sulfates, parabens and other components that have an aggressive effect on the structure of the strands.
- The most popular is shampoo "nettle" German company Krauterhoffilling hair with life-giving moisture. With the help of a large number of natural extracts and vitamins, cell metabolism is improved and hair follicles are strengthened. The effect of the drug can be called very delicate, so it will suit even people with sensitive scalp. The cost of shampoo is about 270 rubles,
- Getting rid of dry strands will also help. Bioearth Hair Moisturizing Shampoo Natural Shampoocontaining extracts of mallow, chamomile and calendula. At the expense of plant components, hair follicles are saturated with important beneficial trace elements, and damaged areas are restored. The cost of funds ranges from 400 to 500 rubles,
- No less popular is Himalaya Herbals Protein shampoo, which, due to natural proteins and extracts of nuts, restores dehydrated strands. With it, it becomes possible to normalize the balance of fluid and fat in the structure of the scalp and hair. The cost of funds can vary from 50 to 300 rubles,
- Wella Professionals Elements Moisturizing Shampoo also captured the hearts of many buyers. The vitamin B5 and wood extracts included in it not only clean the curls, but give them strength and brilliance. It is worth the tool in the region of 600 rubles,
- How to cure dry hair and what to do at home, manufacturers suggest sulfate-free shampoo Natura Siberica. Instead of sulphates and silicones, you can find here vitamins, organic oils and proteins of natural origin that help restore and moisturize the hair. The price ranges from 200 to 300 rubles,
- Among the products of the mass market, Eva Natura stands out, performing its main function due to the extracts of knotweed, burdock and lovage. The presented elements are capable of making even the most withered curls soft and smooth. It is a means inexpensive, about 160 rubles.
Shampoos for dry and damaged hair
Hair shampoo, suffering from dryness and damage, today sold in any department of cosmetics, professional store or pharmacy. These funds are divided into a number of groups:
- Mass market. These shampoos are presented in any store of cosmetics and household chemicals. They do not involve any difficulties in use and are very affordable. However, like all low-cost products, mass-market shampoos provide only a temporary, cosmetic effect without eradicating the problem.ORGANIC SHOP, Protection and Nutrition (Natura Siberica), Ultra Doux (Garnier) Intensive Recovery (One Hundred Beauty Recipes), Intensive Recovery (Dove),
- Professional. As for the restoration of dry hair at home, this can also be done with the help of professional tools. You can buy shampoos from the presented category in specialized stores and beauty salons. The cost of such products is much higher than the previous one, however, professionals prefer it. It gives a truly visible and lasting effect. The best professional shampoos are Aqua Otium (Estel), Intense Repair (L’oreal professionnel), MOISTURE RECOVERY (JOICO), Magistral Nutritive (Kerastase),
- Pharmacy. The advantage of the considered means is that they not only transform externally, but also treat the hair, affecting their structure from the inside. Popular pharmacy shampoos today are "Intense Hydrating Shampoo for Dry Hair" (Phytojoba), "Nourishing and Restoring" (Vichy), "For dry and normal hair" (Alerana), "Hyaluronic" (Libre derm).
Experts say that it is best to buy shampoo from the category of nutrients in pharmacies, because there are certified products. Consequently, they have proven composition of clinical studies.
Among these shampoos professionals distinguish:
- "Keratin from Schwarzkopf" (in a short time it restores hair from the inside due to keratin) - from 600 to 850 rubles.
- "Magrav" (contains liquid silicone and vitamins of group B) - 100-150 rubles,
- "KloranS" (contains a minimum of PAF, but a lot of valuable trace elements from essential oils - A, E, B, PP) - 500-600 rubles,
- "Farmakon" (contains protein, which is mostly hair and scalp) - from 130 to 150 rubles.
The selection of professional shampoos for hair supply is better to do with a professional. Such a recommendation is explained by the possible presence of stimulants and clarifiers in the considered agents.
Especially popular are:
- "Lisap Keraplant Energizing" with an activator of hair growth (680-850 rubles),
- "Estel CUREX Classic", incorporating silicone and a minimum of FFA, due to which it can be used daily (270-450 rubles),
- “Nouvelle Kapillixine Energy”, which contains a lot of vitamin E, which saves hair from dryness and prevents hair loss (600-700 rubles),
- "Personal Touch Restructuring", containing healing argan oil (750-900 rubles).
If you are considering shampoos from the class "mass market", it should truthfully be noted that one cannot wait for a special result from them. In most cases, the composition of such funds does not coincide with that described, and the basis is constituted by PAs, partly related to the category of preservatives.
But still The most popular among consumers are the following products:
- “Dove Repair”, eliminating dandruff and fungus and containing vitamins A and E (170-200 rubles),
- "Shamtu" Energy of Fruit "with a whole complex of essential oils (150-200 rubles),
- "Syoss Repair Therapy", which deserved the lion's share of laudatory reviews due to the content of essential oils and palm jelly (190-220 rubles),
- Cream-shampoo "Belita" Goat's milk "with an insignificant share of PAFov (250-300 rubles).
Causes of dry hair
Some young ladies complain that they have got rare and dry hair by nature. In fact, the owners of bad from birth hair is very small. In 90% of cases, the problem occurs already at a deliberate age due to internal malfunctions of the body or improper care.
Dry hairs can be for the following reasons:
- chronic diseases
- prolonged nervous tension
- poor nutrition,
- bad habits,
- permanent staining
- thermal effects,
- wrong selection of care products.
In 90% of cases, the elimination of these factors will help strengthen the nutrition of the scalp and thereby improve the quality of dry hair. If this does not help, it is recommended to contact the experts.
Gentle drying and styling
Special rules apply to thermal effects. The constant use of hair dryers, irons and curling will not lead to anything good, so it is advisable to abandon them.If laying without thermal devices does not work, you need to use them as carefully as possible.
It is impossible to bring the jet of the working dryer closer than 25 cm, it is recommended to purchase the device with the drying function with cold air. The curler should be replaced with curlers that do not require heating to twist. If the curlers are not suitable, you can buy a curling iron with special protective nozzles. It will cost more than usual, but the quality of hair will improve significantly.
Lovers of ashy blond will have to abandon the idea of such an extreme staining. An exception only for girls with very fair-haired hair. Experts say that the safest staining is a couple of tones lighter or darker than the natural color. It is necessary to get out of black into lighter shades as carefully as possible, using gentle means and with the help of professionals. One-time strong clarification is harmful, it is better to stretch the process for several months and gradually dye your hair a tone or two lighter.
Be sure to contact the barbershop in time and cut the split ends. They not only look ugly, but also prevent dry hair from eating properly and being healthy and beautiful.
Use of care products
Hairdressers and cosmetologists do not sit still, developing all new shampoos, masks and balms. Globally, all the makeup cosmetics that can cure even the most dull, lifeless and split hairs can be divided into 2 categories:
- factory facilities
- folk recipes.
The selection of care for dry hair must be approached with full responsibility. The minimum set should contain high-quality shampoo and balm, they are usually added a pair of nourishing masks, moisturizing sprays and gentle styling products.
For many women, their hair becomes dirty after a day, especially in winter, when you can not do without a hat. Shampoo has to be used often, so the components should be as gentle as possible. The best means for washing dry curls are:
- Planeta Organica. The number of lovers of natural care products only increases every year, so shampoos of this brand do not stagnate for long on store shelves. The composition for dry and damaged hair does not contain sulphates, parabens and other chemical filth, but there is an extract of verbena and Marseilles soap. And zoodefenders will like the fact that there are no animal fats in the product.
- Estel Aqua Otium. Professional shampoo, as a part there is no sodium laureth sulfate. Regular use of shampoo retains moisture in each hair, not allowing them to dry out. In the tool there are no components that weight the hair, which provides a beautiful volume.
- Natura Siberica "Protection and Nutrition". Another natural sulfate-free shampoo. In the composition of Rhodiola pink and cedar milk, which contains an extreme amount of vitamin E. After using the product from Natura Siberica, the curls become silky, shiny and healthy.
- Vichy Dercos. Enhanced nutrition provides three oils in the composition of the shampoo: almond, safflower and pink. The tool will help to quickly restore strands affected by the ironing, curling, hair dryer or frequent stains.
- L'OREAL Intense Repair. The main active ingredients of the shampoo are ceramides that help dry hair recover from damage, and vitamin B6, thanks to which the curls become shiny and smooth. Ceramides help the liquid to linger in the hairs and strengthen them, so the hairstyle looks much better.
This is not a complete list of shampoos that can gently clean dry hair and stimulate the proper functioning of the sebaceous glands on the surface of the head. Each cosmetic company produces its own funds, so it is better to try several options. For most shampoos, a balm is additionally available, professional hairdressers and trichologists recommend purchasing care products in sets.So increases the likelihood that both shampoo and balm will act correctly.
Masks from reputable companies
The advantage of a good mask is that it needs to be used only once or twice a week, and the result is already visible after the first use. The best masks for the treatment of split and dry hair are:
- Garnier "SOS Recovery". Already from the name it is clear that the tool is great for resuscitation of curls in the most difficult situations. The components of the mask help to restore hair not only from the outside, but also from the inside. As a result, they cease to split, and the tips, which have already managed to spoil, become smoother and do not stick out.
- Gliss Kur "Hyaluron + placeholder". Another "ambulance" for hair. The composition contains keratin and hyaluronic acid, which, with regular use, will give a fast WOW effect and restore even the most damaged and burned dry hairs.
- AVON "Instant Recovery". Usually, experts recommend not to trust advertising tricks, promising that the magic tool will solve several problems at once. But AVON specialists have achieved success and developed a mask that smoothes hair, restores their structure, heals damaged tips and helps to cope with high temperatures during styling more easily.
- SYOSS "Cellular Restoration 3 in 1". The mask not only returns life and beauty to dry hair, but is also famous for its multifunctionality. It can be used at any time: before, during or after washing, and also applied overnight. With any use case, the mask works perfectly.
- KYDRA Masque Richesse Intense. Professional product from a world famous company allows you to quickly cure even the most damaged hair. It contains Passion Flower Oil, which penetrates deep into the hair and restores it from the inside.
- KERASTASE. Specialists of the French company managed to obtain funds operating on 3 fronts: smoothing, power, protection. In a special line Thermique, aimed at the treatment of damaged hair, includes three masks with natural oils: Keratine, Nectar, CIment.
- ALTERNA Ten Perfect Blend Masque. The deluxe mask contains extracts of medicinal plants (chamomile, calendula, rosemary), which deeply nourish and carefully treat each hair. Thanks to the evening primrose extract, the mask slows down the loss and activates growth.
- JOHN FRIEDA Full Repair. Mask is strongly recommended to buy the girls, whose dry hair has deteriorated even more because of the constant trauma by staining, ironing and curling. The active influence of the components of the product allows you to see the result after the first applications: the hair is smooth, well-groomed and shiny.
- Londa Professional Color Radiance. One of the best tools for hair restoration after dyeing. The mask not only cares, but also helps to maintain a bright color. The composition of passion fruit extract and lipids that make hair docile, smooth and pleasantly smelling.
- Lundenilona. Most companies produce masks that need to be applied immediately before or during washing. Lundenilona specialists went ahead and released a night mask that helps the hairs to recover during sleep. As part of an effective pair of hyaluronic acid + keratin, as well as wheat proteins, oils and vitamin complex.
All masks are made to meet the needs of problematic dry hair. Due to the variety of active ingredients, each girl will be able to choose a product that suits her type of hair.
Mask of honey and olive oil
Treats damaged hair, deeply nourishes and softens.
Honey - 4 tbsp. l
Olive oil - 6 tbsp. l
Mix the two components thoroughly and apply. Wear a plastic shower cap, wrap a towel on top. Keep the mixture on the hair for 15-30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
Quick mask for tips
Softens the split ends, smoothes dry hair, nourishes inside and out.
Walnut oil - 1 tsp.
Honey - 2 tsp.
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp.
All components are mixed and applied to the hair. The above quantity is enough for the average length, for the long hair you need to double the volume of all components. Rub the mask should be in the first place in the damaged tips, and the remains are distributed along the length. Hold for half an hour. This recipe is not a panacea for split ends, but the appearance of the hairstyle will significantly improve.
The components of the mask deeply nourish, giving a dry and lifeless hair a healthy look.
Honey - 1 tbsp. l
Olive oil - 1 tbsp. l
Avocado - 1 pc.
Avocados should be ripe and soft. The fruit is peeled and stretched with a fork, after which butter and honey are added to the slurry. Apply the mixture to dry curls, put on a shower cap and wrap a head with a towel. You can hold from 20 minutes to an hour, then rinse.
Milk and honey help soften hair, make it more docile and shiny.
Milk is half a glass.
Honey - 1-2 tbsp. l
It is better to make a mask for dry hair with high fat milk. It should be left in a warm room so that the liquid warms to room temperature. After that, it is necessary to dissolve the honey in milk and apply the mixture to the hair. Hold for about an hour, then rinse.
Almost every girl complained about dry hair, but not every one knows what to do with it. Proper and, most importantly, ongoing care will help to improve the situation. Not only care is important, but also food, drinking regime, the absence of bad habits. Then a positive result does not keep you waiting and will continue for a long time.
Causes of dry and brittle hair
If the hair has become lifeless and looks like straw, this indicates a violation of the microcirculation of blood vessels in the scalp. As a result, the nutrition of the hair follicles is disturbed and deteriorates, their structure changes, causing their fragility and loss of elasticity.
The main reasons may be:
- Improper care: the use of unsuitable hair type cleansing agents, frequent use of thermal rollers (hair dryers, curlers, styler), Frequent staining with ammonia-containing paints, highlighting (bleaching) with aggressive coloring pigments,
- Combing with a hard comb with metal teeth. Preference should be given comb with wooden teeth made of natural wood,
- Malnutrition, abuse of spicy, fatty foods, insufficient consumption of clean water,
- Smoking, alcohol abuse,
- Unfavorable environmental conditions (polluted air, poor-quality water),
- Emotional overstrain, frequent stress, nervous breakdowns, lack of sleep, chronic fatigue,
- Sudden changes in weather conditions (no headgear in the winter and under the scorching sun),
- Poor digestibility of vitamins and microelements due to diseases of the digestive tract,
- Chronic diseases of the urinary system, the presence of parasitic pathologies., Hormonal disruptions during pregnancy (menopause, breastfeeding).
To determine the true cause of the deterioration of the hair condition can qualified specialist - trichologist.
Improving nutrition, avoiding bad habits and unhealthy diets contribute to improving the overall condition of hair and their appearance.
Treatment with hardware techniques
If the hair has become very dry, they began to break off and fall out, restore their structure, normalize the work of the sebaceous glands and help them restore the healthy appearance of the hardware techniques in the beauty salon. It is necessary to carry out these procedures only with a trusted trichologist in a beauty salon.A cosmetologist will help determine the extent of the problem, what to do with very dry damaged hair, which procedures will help restore the health and beauty of the hair.
Regardless of the type of hardware treatment, all procedures consist of several stages:
- Deep cleansing of dry scalp and hair.
- The application of nourishing and moisturizing compositions penetrating into the deep layers of the epidermis and hair follicle.
- Warming up (massage) to enhance therapeutic restorative effect.
- Flushing cleanser and applying a therapeutic balm.
The result is the saturation of the follicle and throughout the structure of nutrient complexes, keratin, amino acids. Significantly improves the appearance of hair.
The main hardware treatment methods for dry hair:
- Mesotherapy - an injection in the scalp of the injection containing amino acids, trace elements, extracts of medicinal plants, proteins, keratin. They help to improve blood circulation, saturate the follicles with useful substances and strengthen them. Hair growth is noticeably improved, the structure is strengthened along the entire length, and dry strands are eliminated.
- Ozone therapy - saturation of the scalp with highly active oxygen. Allows you to stimulate blood circulation, remove toxins from the follicles, normalize the sebaceous glands, reduce inflammation and irritation of the scalp. A course of 10 procedures allows to reduce hair loss, improve the quality properties of the hair, give it shine, strength, elasticity.
- Microcurrent therapy - the impact on the deep subcutaneous layers of electrical impulses. Which contribute to the activation of metabolic processes, the expansion and improvement of microcirculation of blood vessels, oxygenation of follicles and skin cells, acceleration of the regeneration process. This procedure is especially recommended if the hair is very dry and falls out, and in their place bald patches are formed with hairs broken off at the roots.
- Magnetic laser therapy - exposure to the scalp with a low-frequency laser beam. It contributes to the improvement of blood microcirculation in the vessels and their strengthening, normalization of the sebaceous glands, reducing the loss of dry hair, improving their appearance and strengthening throughout the structure.
- Autoplasmotherapy - introduction to the subcutaneous zone of the head of the patient's own purified and platelet-rich plasma of the patient. The procedure is indicated for patients whose hair looks lifeless, dry as straw, fall out and strongly split. It allows you to strengthen the follicles, increase the growth and strength of the hair, give it shine and strength.
- Physiotherapy nutritional formulations. Allow to improve the qualitative composition of the hair throughout its length, stop the loss, accelerate growth, add shine and elasticity.
Apparatus procedures allow to improve the regenerative and metabolic processes of the scalp, strengthen hair follicles, stop their loss and heal along the entire length, give a healthy and well-groomed appearance. What to do with dry damaged hair and what additional care is required after the procedure will be prompted by a beautician.
What to do to treat dry hair at home
In folk medicine, there are many recipes from natural ingredients that can be made at home, to restore and give a healthy beautiful look to dry hair, to strengthen them. Solve the problem if the hair falls out strongly, splits at the tips and looks more like straw than chic curls.
All homemade masks are applied on clean, slightly damp hair. Then, to enhance the therapeutic effect, wrap with cling film and wrap with a warm terry towel. Due to the resulting effect of the sauna, the active therapeutic substances penetrate deeper into the structure of the curl and activate therapeutic properties to the maximum extent. Wash off homemade masks only with warm water, slightly acidified with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Masks for strengthening and moisturizing dry hair:
- Heat 50 ml of unrefined extra virgin olive oil on a steam bath, add 2 ml of liquid vitamins A and E each. Evenly distribute the warm composition over the entire length of the strand for 1 hour. Rinse thoroughly with shampoo and apply a nourishing balm. It is recommended to conduct a course of 10 procedures. After that, the structure of the curls is restored and improved, a healthy luster and elasticity will appear. Loose and dry strands no longer fall out.
- Slightly beat 1 egg yolk, gradually add 2 tbsp. quality cognac, 2 tbsp. natural honey, 30 ml of almond oil and 3 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply over the entire length for 40 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with shampoo and acidified water. The mask allows you to strengthen and give strength to the curls, prevent breakage and cross-section, improve their appearance.
- Over the entire length of the curl, apply for 45 minutes a mixture of 20 ml of aloe juice, 1 egg, 3 tbsp. burdock and castor oil, 5 tbsp. quality cognac and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. After 3-4 procedures, the growth, shine and elasticity of curls noticeably increase.
- To fight brittle and split strands, once a week, apply a mask of 1 cup of natural yoghurt, 30 grams of brewer's yeast and 3 tbsp to the roots and hairs along their entire length. honey Mix the yeast and yogurt to remove the mixture in a warm place to activate the yeast enzymes. Then add honey, mix everything thoroughly and apply for 30 minutes.
- A 40-minute mask of rye bread soaked in hot oak broth and 2 yolks helps soften dry curls and eliminate their section and loss. Restore and give strength.
What to do to get rid of dry damaged hair:
- Rub through a sieve 50 grams of homemade cottage cheese, add 25 ml of warm rich cream, 3 tbsp. honey, 4 quail yolks, 2 drops of orange oil (can be replaced with grapefruit or tangerine essential oil). Rub the mixture in the roots, leave for 10-15 minutes, and then evenly distribute the remaining mixture over the entire hair length.
- In 50 ml of warm sour milk add puree of 1 cucumber, 2 tablespoons of rye bran and 1 tablespoon of l. decoction of oak bark. Apply the mixture over the entire length of the hair, gently comb with a comb with rare teeth and leave for 20 minutes.
- To 25 ml of olive oil, add 1 tsp. wheat germ, jojoba and coconut oils. Spread over the entire length of the strands and gently rub into the skin. Wash off with a warm decoction of sage (chamomile, oak bark).
- A 30-minute mask of 1 tbsp will help return the life force to the very damaged secant curls. walnut oil, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp apple 6 -% - vinegar.
Application of a mixture of natural and essential oils to damaged dry curls allows saturating each hair with nutritive amino acids, eliminating the fragility of the strands, giving them shine and vitality. Oils can be applied after shampooing, gently combing with a comb.
Trichologists recommend applying the following oil formulations:
- Avocado oil, burdock and olive, in a ratio of 1: 1: 2,
- Coconut oil is one of the best sources of fatty amino acids, vitamins of group B, potassium, zinc, protein,
- almond, rapeseed, flaxseed oils, taken in equal proportions,
- jojoba oil, olive, 1 ampoule of vitamins A, E, B.
If the hair is dry, ruthlessly falls out, splits, only one way out appears to be straw - cut off the split ends and send all forces to their restoration. It is important to remember that it is possible to do medical masks for dry hair only after consulting a trichologist. Comprehensive treatment, elimination of the causes, compliance with all the recommendations of the trichologist will help restore hair vitality, shine, eliminate brittleness and dryness. To restore very damaged dry curls can only hardware procedures. Systematic care, a healthy lifestyle, and a complete, balanced diet are very important to prevent the problem of dry hair.
Shampoo for dry curly hair
- Leading positions among owners curls takes "Farmavita Smoothing", designed specifically for battered curly hair. The components of this shampoo, namely glucose and green tea, nourish and restore curls, as well as give them a long-term smoothness. In addition, it has a preventive effect, providing strands with reliable protection from the negative effects of high temperatures. Its cost is around 300 rubles,
- The Londa brand also pleases its consumers with Curl Definer shampoo. with citrus fruit aroma. The considered agent includes special microcapsules with extracts from olive oil, which give curl elasticity and firmness. The cost is 340-360 rubles,
- Among the best shampoos for dehydrated curly hair stand outL’Oreal fundsone of which is "Professional Shine Curl". The components in it, such as grape oil, ceramides and natural minerals, help to cope with an unpleasant circumstance. The price of funds varies from 450 to 600 rubles.
Balm for dry damaged hair
Effective care for parched hair is difficult to imagine without a quality balm:
- Leading position in the line of these funds is "Sea Buckthorn" balm from Siberica (200-300 rubles). It includes argan oil, Altai sea buckthorn and flax, which have a powerful regenerating and moisturizing effect. Extracts of roses and snowy cladonia enhance recovery several times, as well as nourish the hair. Due to the effect of sealing, curls become naughty when drying with hot air and painting,
- Liquid Silk balm from Gliss Kur (170-230 rubles) intensively saturates with moisture and heals thin dry hair due to the content of liquid keratins and natural ingredients. The tool also seals the damaged tips and makes the strands docile and easy to comb,
- Cement-ceramides occupy the central place in the anti-brittle balm from L’Oreal, having the ability to solder the cut ends and restore the damaged structure of the strands. The hair shaft is rebuilt at the cell level. As a result, the curls become strong and stop falling out. The cost of balsam varies from 120 to 250 rubles,
- From the category of budget funds great demand for balsams "Clean Line" (70-100 rubles). Their feature is the content of various kinds of decoctions and plant extracts (nettle, birch leaves, oats and wheat germ, etc.). With regular use, dry hair gain strength, shine and silkiness. The broken structure of the strands self-regenerates due to vitamins.
Shampoo Natura Siberika for dry hair
Special attention among owners of damaged hair has earned protection and nutrition shampoo from Natura Siberica (from 250 to 360 rubles).
Its main advantage is the absence of sodium sulfate, parabens and dyes in laureth. Their place is taken by natural ingredients, such as:
- Rhodiola pink or golden root, which provides reliable protection for curls,
- cedar milk preventing hair aging and stimulating cell renewal
- cedar elfin, rich in amino acids, cleansing epithelium and strengthening hair follicles,
- sea buckthorn oil that nourishes the strands.
On the Internet, written a lot of positive reviews of this shampoo. Many users note that despite the natural composition, which does not include lauryl and paraben, the agent foams well.
Also, customers write that the shampoo at the same time qualitatively washes the hair and does not dry them, does not cause itching.
There are also opponents of shampoo "Natura Siberika" for dry hair. There are many complaints that he dries his hair and is not able to wash out a thick head of hair due to the small amount of foam. Many doubt the organic composition of the product and indicate its unpleasant odor.
Spray for dry hair
The benefit of healing extracts and essential oils can be obtained from various kinds of sprays. Due to its light texture, they do not make strands heavy and do not make them bold.
For dry hair, suitable products with panthenol, responsible for easy combing, with vitamins E and F and chitosan (reliable protection of hair). Such sprays stimulate the growth of hair, nourish the strands, protect them from the effects of the environment and have an antistatic effect.
The ranking of the most successful dry hair sprays includes:
- Gliss kur (250-300 rubles), aimed at strengthening, feeding and restoring dried-up strands. It is based on several types of oils of vegetable origin and liquid keratin. When applied regularly, hair becomes soft and obedient,
- Hydra repair (510-800 rub.), Does not require rinsing and provides thermal protection for weak hair,
- Dual Renascence 2phase (from 260 rub.), ideally coping with dry hair after lightening or perming,
- OTIUM Aqua by Estel (from 450 rub.), allowing easy combing and anti-static effect.
Conditioner for dry hair
Excellent helpers in the fight against the lack of moisture and exposure to external factors are hair conditioners. Based on the Internet reviews, you can make the following rating of such funds:
- "Sea buckthorn and burdock" from GREEN MAMA (from 150 rub.), making the curls shiny and strong thanks to the healing properties of burdock, aloe vera oil, wheat proteins, nettle and other plant components.
- "Shea milk and honey"by Le Petit Marseillais (from 120 rub.). Honey has nutritional properties, and shea milk fills dry hair with life-giving moisture. As a result, the strands become pleasant to the touch and easy to comb.
- "Food and Protection" by Gliss Kur (from 200 rubles), enriched with natural keratins, capable of restoring the structure of damaged hair from the inside. Humidification is also due to rosehip oil, and solar filters reliably protect the hair from ultraviolet radiation.
- Belita-Vitex (from 250 rub.), consisting of cashmere, beeswax, vitamin complex and biotin. Daily use of the product makes damaged hair moisturized and protected from the harmful effects of the external environment.
- "Redken" (from 860 rub.), possessing smoothing properties. The conditioner contains macadamia oil, caldellil wax and a cationic component, which gives strength and moisture to the strands.
For dry hair ends
To combat the dry ends are ideal for all sorts of combinations of nourishing and essential oils. This tool is considered hypoallergenic and has a therapeutic effect on the condition of the hair. The tips are pleasant to the touch and less exposed to the cross section in the future.
The following vitamin cocktails occupy leading positions in their performance:
- Olive oil (3 tbsp.) + 15 drops of lavender oil,
- Olive oil in the amount of 3 tbsp. l + esters of rosemary, lavender and geranium (4 drops each),
- 2 tbsp. l peach oil + 10 drops of rosemary,
- Coconut oil (2 tbsp.) + 6 drops of patchouli ether.
Use the tool should be every week, 1-2 times, and leave it on the strands for about 60 minutes. It is recommended to cover the head at this time with polyethylene and a thick towel, after which the mask can be removed with any shampoo.
For dry and damaged hair
Many are baffled by damaged dry hair, because what to do at home with a similar problem is not all. If you had to deal with such complexity, the following types of nutritive oils will be able to help:
- Olive (especially in winter and at low air humidity),
- Coconut (reduces the harm of using shampoos with sulfates, so it is better to apply before washing the hair),
- Almond (helps restore strands drained by a hair dryer and chemical staining, and also promotes hair growth and provides them with a protective barrier from the sun),
- Jojoba oil (does not require rinsing, makes the hair soft and makes them manageable when styled),
- Peach (applied before bedtime, eliminates hair from excessive electrification),
- Avocado oil (is the best method to prevent hair cross-section),
- Linseed (returns the strands of radiance and seals split ends).
Coconut oil for dry hair
Coconut oil is made up of many beneficial acids. Its main advantage lies in the ability to penetrate deeply into the hair shaft, thereby increasing its strength and flexibility. In addition, it greatly stimulates the growth of strands, protects them from external contamination and gives shine and softness.
In addition, vitamins E, K and iron contained in coconut oil significantly improve the appearance of the hair. With its antibacterial properties, the tool helps to get rid of dandruff and eliminate all sorts of inflammation on the skin.
When using coconut oil, it is not recommended to heat it too much - just melt it. On dry hair, just hold the product for 40 minutes.
They will not reduce, but, on the contrary, only activate its additional components (jojoba oil, sea buckthorn extract, lavender and sandalwood essential oils, etc.). The effect will be visible after several weeks of continuous use of the mask.
Essential oils for dry hair
Essential oils are considered extremely useful and can eliminate problems such as slow growth and hair loss, dandruff and lack of luster and density.
As a rule, they are used in combination with base oils for several months. An oil basis is often sesame, corn, pumpkin, sea buckthorn, avocado, etc.
The most effective essential additives to them are:
In addition to its main function in the form of moisture saturation of hair, many essential oils relieve from other troubles. So, sandalwood improves blood circulation, ylang-ylang strengthens the bulbs, jasmine soothes the skin, and juniper activates the growth of curls.
Mask for dry hair at home. Recipes
Obviously, at home, it is easiest to make single-component masks from natural oils for dry hair. Due to its prevalence, the best components will be coconut, sunflower, olive, burdock and castor oil.
Heated remedy should be distributed on the hair and carefully cover your head for maximum results. After an hour you can wash your hair.
Multicomponent masks have even greater efficiency, because they allow to approach the solution of the problem in a complex.
Moisturizing mask for dry hair
- half a cup of yogurt,
- mayonnaise (1 tbsp. l.),
- sunflower oil or olive oil (1 tbsp. l.),
- 2 drops of orange oil.
Oils should be diluted in mayonnaise and topped up with heated kefir. All ingredients should be combined and applied to the hair, and then it is important to cover your head for half an hour. After the allotted time, the strands are cleaned with any shampoo.
Dry mustard hair mask
- 20 g of mustard powder,
- 25 ml of sunflower oil,
- sour cream (1 tbsp. l.),
- 1 yolk.
All ingredients are thoroughly mixed and, if necessary, diluted with water. The mask should be applied to the area adjacent to the scalp. Then you need to cover your head with plastic and a towel for half an hour, after which you can rinse the product.
Mask for dry colored hair
- dried plantain,
- dried nettle leaves,
Herbs need to brew in boiling water and wait about an hour. The resulting gruel should be filtered through a sieve and add bread to it, before turning into a homogeneous mass. It is recommended to wear the product on the head for 2 hours and then rinse with water.
Mask for dry hair dandruff
- burdock oil (2 tbsp.),
- vodka (1 tbsp. l.),
- dried calendula flowers (1 tsp).
First, you need to pour calendula vodka and put the tincture in a dark place for a week. Then you should strain the liquid, pour warmed burdock oil into it and mix thoroughly.
Mask advised to wear on the head for half an hour under plastic and a towel. The procedure ends with a hair wash using shampoo.
Mask for dry and brittle hair
All the ingredients in the heated state must be mixed together, and then plentifully distributed over the hair. After that it is necessary to collect strands on the top and cover with a film. An hour later, the tool must be washed off.
Natural shampoo for dry hair. Recipes
Many women with dry hair often find that cosmetics from stores are not able to cope with their problem and even aggravate it. Then homemade shampoo recipes help, whose healing properties have been proven for centuries.
What to do with dry hair? A mask or natural shampoo that can be done at home will help solve the problem.
The composition of one of these shampoos include:
- castor oil (40 ml),
- 1 egg
- a few drops of essential oils (optional).
All listed ingredients must be mixed. To do this, you can even use a mixer, which will give the tool a familiar creamy texture. The prepared mixture is applied in the same way as regular shampoo, i.e. Apply to hair and rinse with warm water.
Remains of funds are recommended to be stored in the refrigerator.
Shampoo from soap and essential oil consists of:
- 3-4 drops of any essential oil
- 200-250 g of baby soap.
Soap and essential oils must be diluted in a liter of water. After that, the mixture can be applied to the head in the usual way.
You can also prepare homemade shampoo from:
- 2 egg yolks,
- ¼ glasses of water
- ½ cup of vodka
- ammonia (1 tsp.).
Yolks, ammonia and water should be gradually added to the vodka. The resulting product should be held on the hair for a couple of minutes, then rinsed with water.
Consider the sentence dry hair can not. What to do at home - you can decide. Struggling with this disease forces of cosmetics, oils and homemade recipes.
Whatever choice you make, it is important to remember that any medicine will only have an effect after a certain time has passed. Thus, one should not hope for a quick result, but tune in to persistent and regular work.
Useful video materials about dry hair care: what to do and how to improve their condition at home
How to make a mask for dry hair at home:
What to do to improve the condition of dry hair: super-mask: